The following are some of the most important considerations for SharePoint Projects.
1. All the WFE’s should be either 32 bit or 64 bit, recommended 64 bit across the farm.
2. Proper Backup/Recovery process in place.
3. Enable Blob Caching on the web servers.
4. Limiting Content Database size to enhance manageability, i.e., content database should not exceed 100 GB.
5. Enforce site and content size limits.
6. If the environment serves more than 5000 users, then deploying a minimum of three front-end web servers.
7. Make sure to set all the web servers in the farm to recycle
8. Regularly clean up the recyle bins.
9. Make sure that list should not exceed more than 2,000 items.
10. Use DNS on your virtual server.