- SharePoint gets the Ribbon (menus becomes easier)
- SharePoint Designer gets the Ribbon (menus becomes easier)
- Windows 7 and Vista become SharePoint development platforms
- Standards support for XHTML, WCAG, REST, ECT.,
- Sandboxed solutions: Sandboxed solutions are managed in Central Administration and target a site collection to isolate code.
- Access Services: develop solutions in Acess for publishing to SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 Bets available in November
- No need for any third party solution generators instead we can build, package and deploy from Visual Studio itself.
- 2010 lists can allow for tens of millions of items.
- External Lists make data available inside SharePoint, including for update and delete
- SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio both read and write the same WSPs, so you can create a site or any element in SharePoint Designer, package it as a WSP, and open it for deeper development in Visual Studio. This is killer for turning SharePoint Designer into a legitimate tool, especially for workflow development.
- Silverlight webparts are now available.
- The Ribbon provides the Office 2007 / 2010 editing experience right inside SharePoint.
- SharePoint 2010 supports CSS 3.0 & tableless masterpages OOTB.
- SharePoint 2010 has built-in spelling dictionary
SharePoint 2010 Must Read Features - High Importance
SharePoint 2010 Conference Take Aways!!:
Posted by Srikanth SharePoint MCP at 09:58